An explanation and details of the Federal Budget Process as it affects Federal agencies.
- The Budget Process is explained in 20 discrete steps, related to Budget Formulation Key Steps, Budget Execution Key Steps, and Congressional Oversight.
- An example budget calendar that illustrates the budget process for a hypothetical fiscal year 2020, with links to each of the 20 steps explanations.
- Tips & Techniques related to budget analysis work, with a section on payroll (Personnel Compensation and Benefits, or PC&B) calculations.
- Sources and References related to Federal budget analysis and budgets - but currently under development.
- Comments on budget process developments, past and current, and use of the commentary to illustrate aspects of the budget process.
- Information on budget analysis careers.